Friday 20 September 2013

SKETCH 2013


General installation shot of the exhibition in the gallery space at Rabley Drawing Centre


The Rabley Drawing Centre is nestled in a soft green valley in Marlborough, Wiltshire, situated in a beautifully converted barn. I imagine that to attend courses here would be a real delight; their print making fascilities are pretty good and if I lived in the area would certainly attend some of their workshops.

 I am delighted to be part of this exhibition of fascinating glimpses into the thinking of other artists.  Many thanks to artist director Meryl Ainslie for curating the show, which allows visitors to handle and look through the books, (cotton gloves provided).   It is a refreshing change to the usual glimpse at one or two pages through the glass of a cabinet. 



My book is on the second shelf from top, far left.


I am looking forward to the seminar on 28th September despite the long drive down. http://www.rableydrawingcentre.com/index.htm  

The fact that the exhibition is touring to other venues in 2014 is a real bonus, especially for me as I work hard to establish myself as a serious artst after moving up to North Yorkshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment