Tuesday 22 July 2014

RAW at Danby




Members of Ryedale ArtWorks are holding an exhibition of work at the North York Moors National Park visitors centre, Danby.

I've spent a good part of today labelling, stringing and wrapping work to go to Danby.  It has been really hot today, so I was glad of an excuse to be indoors; our house is surprisingly cool, which is great.

My dining room now looks like a gallery store.  Not all the work is mine; there is work belonging to three other artists there too.  They dropped their work off to me as they are unable to deliver for various reasons and I'm happy to help.  Liz Bailey, one of RAW's members has so very kindly offered to pick up my big painting in her van, which is lovely of her and saves me having to hire one.  I'll put the smaller pieces in my car and head off to help with the selection process, once my large painting has been safely strapped into Liz's van.

The exhibition opens on 25th and runs until 17th August and there is a meet the artists on Saturday 26th July from 12 noon until 3 pm.





I'll post some pics of the selection and placing of works when I've taken some, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment